Chinese Family Acupoint Massage (English edition)
Author: Wang Chuangui
Soft paperback, 232 pages, English
Publisher: Foreign Languages Press, January 1992
The author, Professor Wang Chuangui, is the chief physician and director of the Administrative Bureau Hospital Physical Medicine Recovery Department of the Headquarters of the Chinese People's Liberation Army General Staff; deputy director of the PLA Institute of Orthopaedics-Traumatology and Massage; vice-chairman of the Beijing of Orthopaedics-Traumatology Institute of the National Institute of Integrated Western and Traditional Chinese Medicine. Prof. Wang has been taking care of keep-fit massage for high-ranking officials in China. He has visited USA, France, Portugal, Romania, Pakistan, Jordan, Oman and many other countries and cured many ranking officials there or their diseases.
This well-illustrated massage book provides quick cures and permanent and temporary relief for more than fifty common ailments, including headaches, bronchial asthma, hypertension, diabetes mellitus, constipation, impotence, menstrual disorders, menopausal syndrome, infantile indigestion, stiff necks, acute lumbar sprain, and leg cramps. It also offers tips on how to improve the constitution, prevent diseases, and guarantee longevity.
- What is acupoint massage?
- Origin and development of acupoint massage
- Theory and action of acupoint massage
- Main divisions of the body surface
- Directions for acupoint massage: Requirements - Medium substances - Contraindications
- Meridians, Collaterals and Acupoints
- Meridians and collaterals
- Paths of the superficial portions of the fourteen meridians and the acupoints commonly used
- Location of acupoints
- Treatment of Common Diseases
- Internal diseases: Common cold - Headache - Bronchial asthma - Hypertension - Angina pectoris Gastroptosis - Diabetes mellitus - Hiccups - Gastointestinal neurosis - Constipation - Hemiplegia - Leukopenia - Neurasthenia - Insomnia - Hysteria - Biliary colic -Facial paralysis - Raynaud's disease - Prostatitis - Retention of urine - Impotence - Seminal emission - Premature ejaculation
- Gynecological disease: Chronic pelvic inflammation - Menstrual disorders - Dysmenorrhea - Menopausal syndrome - Amenorrhea - Excessive leukorrhea
- Pediatric diseases: Bronchitis in children - Infantile indigestion - Enuresis in children - Sequelae of infantile paralysis - Infantile malnutrition - Night crying of babies - Vomiting in children Myopia in teenager
- Orthopedic diseases: Stiff necks - Cervical spondylosis - Periarthritis of the shoulder - External humeral epicondylitis - Thecal cyst on the dorsum of the wrist - Stenosing tenovaginitis at the styloid process of the radius - Acute lumbar sprain - Prolapse of the lumbar intervertebral disc - Systremma - Spain of the ankle - Pain in the heel
- Others: Toothaches - Dysfunction of temporomandibular joint - Tinnitus with impaired hearing - Acupoint massage for preventing diseases and guaranteeing longevity - Acupoint massage for preserving hearing and vision